lunedì, ottobre 18, 2004

Live aid: The man "Well my dick is fucking sore so I must have had some fun"

Bob Geldof, oltre a creare il Live Aid e a I'don't like Mondays, ha cantato questo verso immortale nel primo disco del Modena City Ramblers
Per il ventennale del Live Aid (aaaaaaaarghhh...., ho detto ventennale???) esce un DVD Set del concertone e questa intervista-biografia del Guardian (non inginocchiata, ironica, curiosa.....)

Da citare la discussione con Mrs. Thatcher

'People remember that as me telling her to go fuck herself, but that isn't it,' he says. 'She said to me [good impersonation]: "We're very grateful for what you do." I engaged with her, very sotto voce and deferential, and she said, "Well, Mr Geldof it's not as simple as that." I said, "No, Prime Minister, nothing is really as simple as dying, is it?" And I looked at her and got the gimlet stare but I held it.

Nessun commento: